Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New

A New Year!!  How exciting!  For as long as I can remember I made "lose weight" my new years resolution.  It always started with "I'm never" or "I'll always".  I'd try to string together perfect days.  It ended in failure.  I'd have to wait another 364 days to start again with my goal.  It was crazy making.  I made unrealistic plans and then beat myself up when I inevitably failed.

If you find yourself in this position today, on the third day of 2012, it's time to make a new kind of resolution.  The only goal you need is to Never Give Up!  Hour after hour, day after day - just keep doing what you need to do to have the life you want.  Getting up when you stumble - examining the "rock" that tripped you up so you can throw it off your path and move on.  Now that is a new years resolution you can keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment