Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Will you?

If you want to lose weight you have to get the junk out of your house, car, desk etc.  I learned this (again) at Thanksgiving.  We had fudge stripe cookies in the house to make a little turkey table decoration that is traditional for our family.  I love these cookies - we ate through the first package so I had to buy another.  Knowing that I don't choose to control myself when they're around, I asked Dave to hide the second box of cookies - which he did.  At one point, like a crack addict I started looking for the cookies.  Thankfully he hid them well and the feeling passed but I was reminded that it's so important to keep junk food out of my life.

Now I know you want to encourage your children to have the same food issues that you struggle with (wink, wink) but if you're serious about losing weight, it starts here.  If you can't throw the junk away then at least put it somewhere out of sight.  I suggest taking it to the garage.  During the course of your day you'll learn what calls to you when you're tired or emotional or trying to put off an unpleasant task.  Notice I didn't say hungry?  Learn which foods are most dangerous and vow to keep them out of your shopping cart and out of your house.  If you're compelled to go to the garage and get a snack you can be sure that food is keeping you from a healthy life. 

Did I mention that weight loss takes hard work?  Yes you'll have to deal with life instead of manipulating feel good hormones with junk food.  It will be worth the effort.  Don't let junk rob you of what you want most.  Today make a change - Will you?

4 comments:

  1. I will! Chips are the one food I just cannot control myself around. So I don't buy them and I figure my boys will survive without them. Love the blog Lanette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting back on track... see you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dumping my "light" eggnog right now...thanks Lanette...needed this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally relate to the "like a crack addict" comment. It amazes me to know that there are people out there with the same type of behavior as me!

    I'm very motivated at the moment and am focusing on just one day at a time. I tend to 'project' into the future too far and that sets myself up for failure because I am not focusing on today. For today, I'm tracking and paying attention. It's a good day.

    ReplyDelete